Paul, Paula, and the God Who Occasionally Messes Up

It was a strange ten minutes.

My associate minister came into my office and asked me if I’d heard the news about Paul Williams, a gifted writer and well-respected leader in the Christian Church.  I hadn’t.  My associate then told me that Paul had become Paula and referred me to Paul’s website for further info.  I went to the website and found a picture of Paul as Paula (in a wig and dress) and read the blog posts.  It was a strange ten minutes indeed.

This blog post is not about Paul Williams, except to the extent that his choice illustrates a dangerous notion that is growing in popularity among church-goers.  I’m talking about the belief that sometimes God just gets it wrong.  Transgender choices, for example, suggest that body and soul have been mismatched and that a correction needs to be made.

But it doesn’t have to be nearly that spectacular.

Take the church-going couple that decides to live together before marriage.  They know the Bible talks about sexual purity and maintaining a spotless witness, but they would contend that God didn’t think the whole thing through.  It’s much less expensive to maintain one household.  “Why, just think how much more money we could put in the offering plate if we didn’t have to make that second rent payment.” (People have actually said this to me.)

Or what about the believer who marries an unbeliever?  His analysis: “I know God says not to be unequally yoked, but he obviously underestimated the epic nature of the love we share.”

What’s scary here is that these are not moments of weakness that sneak up on us and cause us to stumble.  These are calculated moves that require us to somehow frame God as being mistaken or, at the very least, out of touch.  And once we start down that road, we’re done with anything even remotely resembling true, biblical Christianity.  We can still go to church…we can write blog posts about how much we love God and want to continue to serve him…we can trot out fancy, grad-school psychology terms to explain our choices, but what we cannot do is say we believe in the God whose way is “perfect.” (Psalm 18:30)

On the other hand, I suppose it’s not important to some people to serve a perfect God who doesn’t make mistakes.  Perhaps they feel a God who occasionally messes up is more relatable.  One thing is certain:  A God who occasionally messes up is a lot easier to serve.

Especially if I get to be the one who decides where he has messed up.

As for me, I’ll stick with my perfect God, the one who never makes a mistake.  He sure does cramp my style sometimes.  But in 58 years, I’ve never once done something his way and regretted it.  All of my regrets can be traced back to those times when I concluded that he was wrong and I was right.

This entry was posted in Current Events and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Paul, Paula, and the God Who Occasionally Messes Up

1. Rosan says:

It is really rampant these days Mark; and those of us who will stick to the Word and the God of the Bible are looked down upon as “closed minded” along with many other adjectives. But as for me, I will stick to Him who is perfect.

2. Klaus says:

I never looked at it as “God messed up”. I always felt that people mess up. I shake my head and say wow, strange, confusing.

3. Wren says:

2 Timothy 3: 1-9. These verses may — they MAY — explain so much of what is going on in this world, in our own nation, and in our own families right now.

4. setechi Eli says:

God is always crazy faithful. The end.

5. Brian M says:

I hope this post is a joke. Honestly. Write this same post to
    The parents of a severely autistic child, or to the parents of a mentally disabled child, or how about to the parents of an intersex baby (born with breasts and a penis) and see the response. It happens every day. Your worldview is so narrow I can’t believe you can actually see anything other than your own point of view. Please don’t minimize this issue simply because you don’t understand it. Read, listen, do anything other than post this nonsense when you clearly are more concern with trashing someone’s name than you are loving people.

By the way, the person you write about has a family, both parents and children, and to see you use this as a punchline is a disgrace to God and his church family.

I respectfully request you remove this post immediately.

Thank you, Brian, for sharing your point of view. I’m not sure why you want me to remove the post. I wouldn’t do that any more than I would remove yours. The free expression of ideas is what a medium like this is all about. I welcome differing points of view.

Believe it or not, I have profoundly struggled with the idea of a perfect God and some of the unusual situations you mention. At the same time, I have known people–actually, MANY people–who have experienced some of these situations in their families and walked away with their faith in a perfect God intact. Some of the strongest, most unshakable Bible-believing Christians I know have been the parents of children with severe handicaps and deformities.

The narrow worldview that you say I have is simply a belief in the Bible, and that is based on more than just the study of ancient texts. It’s also 58 years of living. In my life, the Bible has been a perfect guide. As I said in the post, all my regrets in life have come when I went against the Scriptures. As a counselor for the last 40 years, I have seen countless people with deep, deep problems, and in almost every case there was disobedience of biblical truths and commands.

As for using Paul’s situation as a “punchline,” I don’t know what you mean. My post was serious and thoughtful. In no way did I make a joke out of this situation. In fact, the irony here is interesting. A man makes a choice that stuns almost everyone who knows him, that is a complete violation of Scripture, that costs him his reputation among the people he has served so admirably for so many years…but it’s the person who writes a blog post about God’s perfection that is the “disgrace to God.” Interesting.

As for Paul, I think it’s clear from his blog posts that he expected people to disagree with his life choice, and holds no animosity toward those who do. There are a lot of things I’m confused about with regard to his choices, but I do sense that he is a kind man who would have a reasonable conversation with someone who disagrees with him without going on the attack.

Again, I thank you for reading the blog and sharing your point of view. I value your input. I hope you’ll feel inclined to participate in the future.

6. Brian M says:

Please reveal to me where in the Bible it talks about transgendered people, or intersex.
    Please do so.

All you have to do is Google “What the Bible says about transgender.” You will get many articles addressing Scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments.

7. Dave R. says:

This says it all, “All of my regrets can be traced back to those times when I concluded that he was wrong and I was right.” I never feel bad about myself when I choose what I know to be bible-centered, and it is usually not the easier path nor is it always my first choice. It’s so easy to fall into the popular viewpoints on everything. That peer pressure to fit in is powerful–powerful enough to cause us to agree with ideas that we know are nonsense. I read that in one State a (biologically) male child, diagnosed as transgendered, had to be allowed to use the girls bathroom. How have we become a society that requires Christian viewpoints to be censored while we have to accept as normal things like ‘transgendered’ or gay marriage as not just acceptable but almost as if a preferred lifestyle? I think I know the answer. It probably started with taking prayer out of the classroom. My how far we’ve come…

Lack of tolerance for anything Christian bothers me more than what Hollywood promotes as healthy.

Thanks for this post!

8. Howard Henry says:

Hi Mark,
    I really enjoyed your thoughts! I too have found that at the center of all of my problems is one common denominator! “Me” I am the imperfect one and because of my sinful nature I have committed many sins and continue to, sometimes without ever meaning to. That’s why I’m so grateful I serve a Perfect God, a God without blemish, who forgives as I repent and always gives me Mercy and Grace.

Here’s what amazes me, that in the 21st century we ignore that these sins that you have given as an example of our world’s view today, are the exact sins that God sent His Son Jesus Christ to give Himself for some 2,000 + years ago. I am so glad I can say that Romans 8:1 is mine. Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I love all of the response’s to this article, it gives me a lot of food for thought, for continued insight into how God sees us in our daily struggles and how we can better relate to one another if we pursue life in Him, through His Word.

Thanks again for sharing Mark!

9. Tiff says:

I find it alarming that you use Paul Williams as an illustration to make your point that church-goers increasingly believe “that sometimes God just gets it wrong.”

Upon reading through all of Paul’s recent blog posts I found no indication of a belief that it was God who had made an error. What I read was a humble desire to be honest and continue to serve God, yet you have assumed that being honest about his life-long struggle equates to “calculated moves” that “frame God as being mistaken.”

I agree that God is perfect and does not make mistakes. However, in our fallen and degenerating world with our corrupted DNA there are plenty of mistakes. We have little control over them and we struggle with the consequences of them. They are many and varied: Downs Syndrome, Autism, Bi-Polar Disorder, Dysthymic Disorder, Cancer, Asthma, ALS, Dementia, etc. All these conditions of the human state derive from imperfection. God is perfect. We are clearly not. So why is it acceptable for someone to suffer from conditions such as the above ones, but not from Gender Dysphoria?

It seems very unfair of you to use Williams as an example here. He strikes me as a person who has, and is still, striving to walk this road with God. Yet you have belittled his desire to continue to serve his Saviour. It seems you would prefer him to continue to lie for the sake of the gospel, as if the gospel needs him to. Is it better the sin we don’t know rather than honestly wrestling with the sin we do? It does not appear that Williams has acted in any untoward manner during his life and ministry. As you say, he is “a gifted writer and well-respected leader”.

I’m guessing here that the OT reference you would link to would be Deut. 5:22? Yet that verse is highly questionable in its context, especially since we do nothing to embrace the rules in the verses that follow. They were indeed the laws of the times but they have been abandoned now, along with a plethora of other OT laws. In fact, the only law we are told to abide by is that of the new covenant given by Christ.

I suppose I just don’t see how Williams is “in complete violation of scripture” when he is confessing and pledging to cling to God in this journey. Surely we are all in complete violation of scripture, for we all sin and fall short. But when we cling to the redemption we receive WHILE we are still sinners we find hope and come to understand that God doesn’t make mistakes, but He does walk with us in the mistakes that plague us, even the ones we have no control over. While God can provide healing on earth, there is no shame in the fact that many of His servants do not find healing from imperfections until they reach heaven. It doesn’t seem to bother God to wait and walk with His servants on their journey, so perhaps we could try to not let it bother us.

It would appear that the only “choice” Williams made was to go public with his Gender Dysphoria, which he says he has struggled with his whole life. He didn’t suddenly choose to change. He has also spent his life serving God and leading others to redemption while believing he was transgendered. The only difference is that he has now told people about it. I honestly don’t think the correlations you have drawn in your piece are cogent, and sadly the lack of understanding and empathy has needlessly vilified a fellow brother in Christ.

Thank you, Tiff, for sharing your thoughts. I respect your point of view. Let me just offer a few quick points.

First, you put gender dysphoria in the same category as cancer or asthma. Gender Disphoria is very, very different. To clarify my own thoughts on this matter before answering your post, I read a couple of scholarly articles that were NOT Christian based. The fact is that GD has never been proven to be genetic. Yes, many people speak of it as if it is, making the assumption, obviously. But the science doesn’t support that notion.

Second, I have no idea where you got the idea that I would “prefer him continue to lie for the sake of the gospel.” I don’t for a second think Paul was lying all those years. Apparently, you do. I assume he was struggling privately with GD. Struggling privately and lying are two vastly different things. We all struggle privately with all kinds of things. It simply means that we don’t advertise what we’re going through…we keep it between ourselves and our close loved ones and God. That’s what I think Paul was doing.

Third, there are many Bible references that speak to gender identity issues, and you’ll find them in both testaments.

Finally, you said “the only choice Williams made was to go public with his Gender Dysphoria.” That simply isn’t true. He has made many choices: a choice to change his name from Paul to Paula, to change the way he dresses, to wear a wig, to write about his story in a blog, to tremendously impact his reputation, his professional life, his legacy, etc. Yes, he went public, as you say, but there are many choices wrapped up in that terminology. I’m sure Paul weighed them all before he made his decision.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. There are several things you said that I agree with. I hope you’ll chime in again sometime.

• Tiff says:

Thanks for your response Mark.

I take your point about there being no scientific proof to date that Gender Dysphoria is genetic. That really wasn’t what I was getting at though. It really doesn’t matter to me whether it is genetic or not, for there are many things that aren’t genetic over which we have no control. Many psychological disorders, physical abnormalities and disease processes are not understood by science. At their core they are all spiritual and have consequences to an individual’s relationship with God, but they may not always be due to an individual’s personal sin.

From what I understand most people with Gender Dysphoria do not make a conscious choice to be that way. In fact, most appear to spend a great many years trying to make the choice to not to be transgender due to the perceived social and/or spiritual consequences of such a choice. I can only assume that Williams also took every step possible not to be this way.

I am not sure what to make of your assertion that it is ok for Williams to struggle privately as opposed to publicly. If Williams truly believes he is female in all ways but his body, it seems more authentic for him to say that. To me authenticity is an indication of complete honesty (hence the use of the word lie). Personally, it makes no difference to me if he changes his name and dresses femininely. Am I correct in saying that it would be your preference for him to be outwardly male (therefore inauthentic), and continue to struggle privately? And if so, could you explain your reasoning for that?

Please do not assume that I, or other commenters, am not willing “to really think about the deeper, spiritual aspects of the question at hand.” I think those of us who are actually ministering to Christian people who struggle with issues such as this are simply trying to make sense of what is a messy and complex spiritual, psychological, physical and physiological matter (all sin is!). There are no pat answers or quick fixes, but it is only when people are open and honest about their struggles that we engage those deeper issues, move forward with grace and love as Jesus did.

I don’t have the time to flesh out my points as I have already been longwinded. I suppose in the end I wanted to convey that it seems inappropriate and unfair to use Williams as an example of how people think God makes mistakes. It also seems that the thing we agree on is that God does not make mistakes, and we rejoice in that truth 🙂

Tiff, I love your post. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I think we agree on a lot. You’re right, this whole conversation is “messy and spiritually complex.”

As to your specific question in paragraph 3, I just don’t think a person struggling privately with a difficult psychological, moral, spiritual, or medical issue is being inauthentic. I think we all have a choice in that regard to be more or less open, depending on many factors, including personality, social stigmas, support systems, etc. I don’t feel any angst toward Paul at all for choosing to keep his struggle private for so many years. It was what he thought was best. And then he obviously changed his mind. I’m fine with that. I think the important thing is not that we openly display our struggles to the world, but that we are honest with God and ourselves.

As to the point in your final paragraph about me being unfair to Paul…my point was with regard to people saying/implying that their bodies and souls are mismatched. If God “knits us together” in our mother’s wombs (Psalm 139:13), how is he not responsible for this mismatch? If someone–anyone, not just Paul–says “I was given a male body and a female soul and it’s a problem for me. Therefore, I am going to change my name and how I dress and how I relate to people,” how does that not implicate God? I just think this position has deep spiritual implications that many people are not willing to wrestle with. God is our creator. That has to mean something in all this, it seems to me.

Imagine if I order a pair of shoes online. When the package comes, one is a size 10 (my size) and one is a size 9. The shoes are mismatched. Something, somewhere went wrong. I can’t just say, “There is a problem with these shoes, but no one is to blame.” Yes, someone at the shoe company is to blame. Someone made a mistake.

This is a clumsy illustration, but I hope you get my point. I don’t see how anyone can say, “My body and my soul are mismatched,” but the person who created me is not to blame. That makes no sense to me.

Thank you again for articulating your views.

• Lianne Simon says:

“how does that not implicate God?”

This is why my quoting of John 9:2 is apropos. The very same logic can apply to any physical or mental difference. Would you tell a man born blind that he’s accusing God of making a mistake simply because he wishes to gain his sight? Would you tell him that surgery to give him sight is a sin?

Not all of my sex markers agree. I’m not even a standard XX or XY. Whose fault is that? My parents? Mine? Perhaps Adam’s. But I have a promise that God meant it for my good. I believe that this is from his hand, that like the man born blind, I might use it to honor him. So how best to glorify God with the hand I’ve been dealt? There’s no simple one-size-fits-all answer to that.

Thank you for your patience. I agree with much of what you’ve posted. But I think that some problems that we so easily classify as sin call for patience, humility, and compassion.

“I believe that this is from his hand…”

A lot of things are said to be “from God’s hand” are not from God’s hand at all. Please understand, I’m not talking about your situation. I don’t know your situation. My point is that I’ve been a pastor for 40 years and I’ve had umpty-dozen people try to tell me their circumstances were from the hand of God when I knew full well that wasn’t the case.

A quick example: A man having an affair tries to convince me that his paramour is the person he was really meant to marry…that God brought her into his life because God could see how unhappy he was with his wife. (And, of course, God doesn’t want any of us to be unhappy!) So, to his way of thinking, his adulterous relationship is okay because God is behind it. And, to boot, he and his lover are honoring God by praying together and seeking his will…while having unmarried sex and filing for divorce, of course.

This is preposterous. Yet, I have had people say this very thing to me. Man has a great imagination when it comes to trying to justify his choices. I am simply not willing to accept that something is from the hand of God just because someone tells me it is. Especially when that person is trying to justify a behavioral choice! Being born blind, yes. That’s clearly from the hand of God and can be used to glorify God. But gender dysphoria–a condition with no genetic connection–is just not the same thing.

Here’s what concerns me…that we get to the place where any choice is okay as long as I can convince myself that it’s “the hand I’ve been dealt.”

I, too, appreciate your input. And I admire your passion.

10. Lianne Simon says:

“His disciples asked him, ‘Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?’” (John 9:2)

I agree that God doesn’t make mistakes. There are, however, people whose differences aren’t rooted in their personal sin. I don’t know about Paul/Paula, but I would give someone the benefit of the doubt.

If you’d like an examination of scripture verses that address sex differences, I’ve posted on the subject and would love to hear a thoughtful, Biblical response.

Kind regards,
    LS

Hi Lianne, thanks for posting. I would only say that comparing the man born blind in John 9:2 to a grown man who chooses to change his name to a woman’s and to start dressing like a woman and interacting with people as a woman is not even close to being the same thing. When interpreting Scripture, it’s very important to compare apples to apples. A fair comparison to the man born blind in John 9:2 would be a man born deaf or with a withered limb…some sort of obvious physical impairment. Mr. Williams lived decades as a man with no one even suspecting there was a issue with his gender identity.

In addition, everyone seems to be assuming that Gender Dysphoria, which Mr. Williams claims he has, is genetic. In fact, a connection between GD and genetics has never been established. Therefore, it confuses the issue to lump it in with other physical/genetic abnormalities.

Again, thanks for posting. I wish you the best.

• Lianne Simon says:

I, for one, have not claimed a genetic cause for gender issues, but I do object to the commonly held belief that gender is entirely learned.

The Bible addresses intersex and doesn’t condemn those of us who have physical sex differences. And in some intersex conditions, gender doesn’t follow what’s between the legs. (e.g. cloacal exstrophy)

Trans* isn’t intersex. But since the Bible does allow for a change in legal sexual status, one might study scripture further before issuing a blanket condemnation.

And, as Christians, we should always be open to a rational discussion based on what scripture says.

11. Dave R. says:

The first things lost in our current politically correct world view are open-mindedness and objectivity as shown whenever a Christian debates with someone numbed by our media. Talk with an atheist about their theory of evolution, and they will write you off as delusional yet they cannot prove their theory with fact. But I am not supposed to question the logic or science supporting a BIG BANG. People are quick to embrace any theory as fact if it supports whatever Hollywood throws at us as the new normal. So it’s simply a matter of a bent rung on our genetic ladders that causes transgender issues, or alcoholism…it could never be a spiritual malady—only an idiot would believe such nonsense. Yep, I’m one of the idiots.

Very well-said, Dave. I don’t know why I continue to be amazed at people who automatically, without any hesitation, adopt the view that some off-center behavior must be genetic, even when there’s no science to support that view. I guess it’s just easier than having to really think about the deeper, spiritual aspects of the question at hand.

12. Lianne Simon says:

‘A lot of things are said to be “from God’s hand” are not from God’s hand at all.’

This is true, at least in the sense of attempting to excuse sin. As in the example you gave. I meant it, however, in the context of what do when one is born with a physical difference such as intersex or blindness.

It’s counterproductive to try to assign blame for my chromosomes (XY/XO–a mix of male and Turner Syndrome female) or the resulting complications. Rather, I accept that I’m not entirely male or female. Never was. Never will be. (As to the sex of my resurrected body, I have no idea, but I’m sure it won’t matter to me.)

The problem I have is when someone takes a feminist view of gender (i.e. purely nurture) and claims that it’s a Biblical view (a part of imago Dei). Because they sometimes pick out just one of my sex markers (chromosomes, genes, gonads, genitals) and claim that it indicates God’s unalterable intent for my gender. That I should have learned to be that gender. Ignoring the fact that my body’s intersex. And, more importantly, ignoring the fact that the Bible doesn’t say that’s the way gender works.

I’m not arguing for a strictly nature view of gender–that we’re born with things set in concrete–but nowadays science leans toward a mostly-nature view. Without a solid Biblical basis for saying that gender is learned, I’d have to cut Paula a little slack. The question then becomes what should a person whose gender doesn’t match their body do about it. If anything. That too is an opportunity to look to scripture. And, if you search, you’ll find that the Bible may actually address the issue.

Thank you once again for your patience.

13. LizM says:

I really liked your post. It challenged me, because I think I do that sometimes, reframing God the way I want him instead of letting him change me into all that I can be.

I, like you, don’t think transgenderism is God’s mistake. But I come away with a different viewpoint than you do. I struggle often with depression, something that runs in the family. I don’t think this means God made a mistake in how my brain was made, but rather that I was born into a broken world. I believe that the grace of God turns my depression into a teachable moment: I learn from my constant fragility to be more dependent on him. This is how I view transgenderism: God didn’t make a mistake, but they were born into a broken world where children can have all sorts of issues, including being born with the wrong gender. God can and will use that to help them understand themselves and him better through his love.

Perhaps I am wrong. I am still wrestling with all the Bible has to say (and doesn’t) about homosexuality, transgenderism, and all the other LGBTQQIA issues, and searching for answers. My Greek lexicon will probably fall apart before I do! Just thought I’d throw my two cents out there–at least for you to hone your own understanding of the truth 🙂

Thank you, Liz, for a thoughtful post. The only hesitation I have in agreeing with you is the equating of depression and transgenderism. Other readers have made this comparison and I just think it’s apples to oranges. I don’t know anyone who thinks depression is a sin. In fact, it can have many causes, including chemical imbalances, abuse, etc. Not so with Gender Dysphoria. MANY people believe there is a sin issue there, based on a multitude of Bible verses. Like you, I don’t have this all figured out. I’m struggling with it, too. However, I do think it’s important to compare apples to apples. I do appreciate you chiming in on the conversation. I can tell you’re a thoughtful person.

14. Thadd Sherer says:

Does a person who struggles publicly with sexual identity suffer emotionally from the inner turmoil any more or less than the person who struggles in secret isolation? Paul Williams would be much better at answering this question than me. Although, as I am human and born into a sinful nature, I am fully aware of the ashamedness I feel as I intentionally involve myself in behavior contrary to the nature of the Spirit who indwells me. This behavior I myself and every other person who calls themselves Christian share with Paul Williams. I admire Paul for his courageous suffering. I respect him for his service to the Kingdom. My concern, and menial opinion, on this matter is not related to this crisis of identity, but rather the idol of authenticity that is rampant within our culture. I struggle with embarrassing behaviors or sin that potentially vie for priority in my soul. These behaviors are a result of my surrender to temptation. They sometimes seem to control me as the passions of my flesh revel in temporary delight. As I stated before, I am ashamed of such behavior and try to hide it or the evidence thereof from the people closest to me. Hiding it because of shame is different than denying my sin as if I never did it. 1st John makes it very clear that he who says he has no sin is a liar. To truly walk in the Light is to confess our sins, to be transparent before our Lord. My concern is with this movement within our modern age to place authenticity above purity. Please forgive me if I am using the following passage in the wrong context…Mark 9:42 warns me to not cause a little believer to stumble for it would be better for me to be dead. If my liberty in Christ allows me to participate in a behavior that potentially could lead others into temptation, then it is better for me not to participate in this particular “freedom” of God’s grace. There are sins I would confess to a mature brother in Christ, but would never utter in front of young children. Does my unwillingness to announce my inadequacy to young believers reveal in-authenticity? Does walking in the Light of 1 John 1 require that I hang a poster around my neck listing all of the sins in which I periodically participate, until I have mastered those behaviors and never indulge in them again? Then remove the poster? Please forgive me if I sound as though I am speaking judgement, because I obviously am not without sin and therefore cannot hold a stone of judgement, let alone throw it. But I must speak my concern for this evil desire of pride that comes from revealing our most personal and sinful passions before all people. It is my concern that our current culture honors the person who bravely confesses behaviors which are conflicting with the manifestation of the Holy Spirit within, as if they have overcame some great obstacle. To acknowledge our sinfulness and our inadequacy is indication of the early stages of our conversion or surrender to the Lordship of Christ, but to pridefully display our sinfulness as if it is a badge of courage demonstrating our individual fortitude to stand up under social judgement and persecution is anathema to the humility of the Holy Spirit. Am I to condemn persons struggling with sexual identity? No more than I condemn the person struggling with pornography, alcohol, drugs, food, anger…No more than I would condemn myself. But, I must condemn the growing power and influence of the false god or idol of authenticity.

Thank you, Thadd, for your insightful comments. You’re definitely onto something. Authenticity has indeed become an idol for so many.

15. Dave R says:

Thanks Mark for having the conviction to post your thoughts on this issue. Anytime anyone shares a Christian viewpoint that does not align with the media-sponsored politically correct worldview, they are maligned as bigoted narrow-minded extremists. Just look at how ABC, CBS, and NBC present Dr. Ben Carson –“controversial comments”.

16. Jim Fogerty says:

Paula (Paul) Williams, who I knew personally, has a blog that he uses to criticize anything traditional. His latest attacks are on Christians who supported Trump. This was my response on his blog:

“Those Christians that stood for Trump did so on the belief that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. They did so on the belief that life begins at conception and that no one has the right to take a life inside the womb other than the Creator Himself. They did so on the belief that marriage is a sacred institution founded by God to represent the bond between Jesus and His Church (the Bride) and that this covenant was ordained by God to be between a man and a woman. They did so on the belief that someone is born with the correct anatomy and that changing one’s gender and/or sexual anatomy is likely the result of a mental, spiritual, hormonal and/or emotional imbalance. Finally, they did so on the belief that Christianity has lost many of the religious liberties currently afforded so many other religious groups, including Muslims and atheists; rights guaranteed under the Constitution.”